The wide range of impairments to cognitive, motor, and sensory functions that can result from concussions and related head injuries, often coupled with additional emotional and behavioral symptoms, now lead to over $80 billion each year in the USA alone for direct medical treatment and loss of productivity.
Founded in 2010, X2 Biosystems’ goal is to provide effective and economically viable concussion safety solutions for the tens of millions of young athletes who benefit in many important ways from participating in sporting activities, the millions of active and reserve military personnel who defend us, and the millions of other athletes, industrial workers, and civilians who are exposed to a wide variety of impact-related concussion risks. Today, X2 has emerged as a global leader in developing and deploying solutions proven to:
- MODIFY BEHAVIOR in a manner that significantly REDUCES THE INCIDENCE, RISKS, AND COSTS of concussions in athletic and military environments
- LOWER THE RISK of undiagnosed cases
- DECREASE THE LIKELIHOOD of multiple impact injuries
- MORE EFFECTIVELY MANAGE injuries when they do occur
- SUPPORT COMPLIANCE with concussion safety laws & regulations.
X2’s scalable end-to-end concussion management platform delivers the complete continuum of care now being demanded by consumer healthcare, amateur and professional sports, military training and combat, and industrial safety markets, by integrating:
- Wearable, cloud-connected impact monitoring devices for real-time tracking of exposure to and injuries from head impacts
- Tablet-based neurocognitive assessment tools for baseline and post-injury assessments of neurocognitive performance
- Wireless communications and cloud-based data storage, analytics, and reporting to support and document remove-from-play decisions, recovery and return-to-play readiness, and monitoring of long-term neurocognitive health and safety.
Product ease-of-use, together with successful lab and field testing, have attracted marquee customers that include major professional North American sports leagues, NCAA athletic departments, state and national high school athletic organizations, the US Army, sports medicine clinics, and international rugby organizations.
X2 Biosystems is privately held, with offices in Silicon Valley and Seattle.
LEARN MORE ABOUT X2